Agreement and Terms of Service
Agreement and Terms of Service
Welcome to the See it, Sent it! This agreement (“Agreement”) describes your rights and responsibilities in your use of The See it, Say it, Send it App’s website, mobile apps, and service, both as a visitor and as a registered See it, Say it, Send it App user, and what you can expect from us. By clicking “I accept” or by otherwise indicating that you agree, you are agreeing to these terms, so please take a moment to read this legally binding agreement.
The See it, Say it, Send it App is the communications ecosystem by which law enforcement or government entity can communicate information to citizens and in turn citizens can report their observations; we hope that citizens, businesses, and agencies everywhere will use the See it, Say it, Send it App platform to build stronger and safer communities around the world. We use “See it, Say it, Send it App” here to refer to the SeeAndSend.info website and our iOS and Android apps (also referred to as our “Services”) that provide you with access to that platform. We also use the “See it, Say it, Send it” to refer to any companies, partners or otherwise operating our Services.
If you live in the United States, the Services are operated and provided to you by Crowdsourced Geofencing Solutions LLC, 7910 Umbrella Pine Way, Sarasota, Florida 34241.
Eligibility. Each person can only have one account per smart device, and you may not share your account password with anyone else (even a someone you share the smart device with) or allow someone else to use your personal account. You must use your real, active email address and current zip code for registering. We reserve the right to inactivate or deny access to anyone at anytime.
Account Types. The See it, Say it, Send it App offers only two types of accounts. Citizen (end user) access and Law Enforcement, Public Safety and/or School District access (client users).
Preferences. By default, we subscribe you to email messages from us regarding app updates, new features, feedback and support issues.
Information We Collect
Although we cannot foresee all instances in which information about you may be collected through the app, currently we expect to collect information in the following circumstances:
1. Working with our support team: we will collect information to assist us in correcting a problem;
2. Services – either free or as part of a subscription: when you sign up for a service or subscription with us or one of our authorized partners, we or our partners may ask you for information. If the service requires a fee, we or our partners may also need to ask you for financial information – such as a credit card number;
3. We may ask for demographic data or information about your use of the site.
Use of the Collected Data
We use the data collected about you and other users of the site on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate and enhance the app. We do not disclose any information which contains personally identifiable information about you to any third party without your permission.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms and Conditions, or in order to protect someone who we believe may be in danger or at risk of harm.
Some Information is subject to Public Request and Review
You should always exercise caution when deciding to publicly disclose your personal information.
Security of Collected Information
We use industry-standard efforts to maintain security and confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. We make all reasonable business efforts to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of collected information under our control. If your account with our site is password protected, only you can access it and view the information relevant to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and any account information.
Information from Children / Minors
Because our site is a serious tool used to help solve and prevent crime, it may not be an appropriate place for minors. We do not encourage anyone under the age of 14 to use our site or applications. However, in the age where minors have access to smart devices, we understand your decision as a parent to allow access to our app and empowering your child to be educated and submit tips (such as bullying, criminal mischief, and other juvenile-related behaviors).
Contacting Us Regarding Privacy Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement and our practices in collecting and using information, please contact us using the following e-mail address:
Copyright and DMCA. If you believe Content on The See it Send it App infringes your copyright, you can reach our notification agent email@example.com. If you are in the U.S., your notice must satisfy the requirements enumerated in 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3).
Restrictions from Our Licensors. Some of the information and services available through The See it, Say it, Send it App are licensed from third parties and covered by these third-party terms and disclosures:
· Some neighborhood names and boundaries on See it, Say it, Send it Something app are licensed by Maponics. You may not directly or indirectly sell, distribute, reverse engineer, or sublicense any Maponics content (or any portion thereof) or use such content other than as part of our services. This data is © Maponics 2011, www.maponics.com, and duplication is strictly prohibited.
· Some parcel location and boundary information on neighborhood maps is licensed from Digital Map Products for use on our service only.
· You may not sublicense, resell, or otherwise distribute any data from our third-party licensors to any third party; it is only for your internal personal use.
· Users of our iOS application are subject to the following terms required by Apple: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple does not have any warranty obligation with respect to the See it, Say it, Send it App iPhone app. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the The See it, Say it, Send it App iPhone app or your possession or use of it, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the See it, Say it, Send it App iPhone app does not conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; or (iv) any infringement of a third party’s intellectual property rights. Where permitted by law, Apple, its subsidiaries and our other suppliers are third-party beneficiaries of this agreement, but no one else is. Without limiting the foregoing, (1) upon your acceptance of this agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce it against you as a third-party beneficiary, and (2) Apple is not a party to this agreement and is not responsible for the The See it, Say it, Send it App iPhone app or its contents.
Using Our App. If you download and install the See it, Say it, Send it app, we give you a limited non-transferable license to use it only to access and use The See it, Say it, Send it App on your own behalf through your iOS or Android product; additional terms may apply from the site you download it from (Apple App Store or Google Play store) or the manufacturers of your device or software.
Liability Limits. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SEE IT, SAY IT, SEND IT APP, INCLUDING THE SEE IT, SAY IT, SEND IT APP SERVICES, OUR SOFTWARE, YOUR USE OF THE SEE IT, SAY IT, SEND IT APP OR ANY THE SEE IT, SAY IT, SEND IT APP SERVICE, OR THIS AGREEMENT. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN $100. Some jurisdictions do not allow damages exclusions, so they may not apply to you.
Governing Law. This agreement is governed by Florida law as it applies to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Florida between Florida residents. Some jurisdictions (including the European Union) provide consumers with mandatory rights that cannot be excluded via a choice of law; if you are in such a jurisdiction, the preceding sentence does not affect those rights.
Venue and Jurisdiction. You and the See it, Say it, Send it App both agree that, except as described in the next two paragraphs, (i) any claim or dispute regarding The See it, Say it, Send it App will be resolved exclusively by a federal or state court located in Sarasota, FL and (ii) we each agree and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of those courts for litigating such claims or disputes.
Dispute Resolution. If you have a dispute with the See it, Say it, Send it App, you agree to contact us and try to resolve the dispute informally before pursuing other avenues.
Additional Dispute Resolution Terms for U.S. Members: If you are a member in the U.S., you and the See it, Say it, Send it App agree to the additional arbitration and dispute resolution terms found here. Please click through and read these important additional terms, which include an arbitration requirement (except for small claims) and require claims to be brought individually, and include instructions for how to opt out if you do not agree. We encourage you to review and understand them.
No Warranty. THE SEE IT, SAY IT, SEND IT APP AND THE ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS.” We do not promise that any aspect of our software or service will work properly or continuously. We may add, change, or discontinue product features; if you are dissatisfied, your only remedy is to stop using the See it, Say it, Send it App or the affected feature. Some jurisdictions do not allow warranty exclusions, so they may not apply to you.
Indemnity. If someone brings a claim against the See it, Say it, Send it App (whether against the company or any of its employees, directors, or officers) based on a harm you caused, you agree to reimburse us for any costs we incur in defending against that claim, including reasonable attorneys’ fees as well as damages.
General. This agreement does not create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employment or franchise relationship. To the extent allowed by applicable law, the English version of this Agreement is binding and other translations are for convenience only. Any unenforceable portion of this agreement shall be enforced to the maximum extent possible, and the remaining portions shall be given the full effect. Our failure to act in a particular circumstance does not waive our right to act with respect to that or other circumstances. We shall be excused for any problem due to a circumstance beyond our reasonable control. You represent and warrant that you are not (i) located in a country that is subject to the U.S., Irish or EU, Government embargo or has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) listed on any U.S., Irish, or EU Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.